Award-winning blues rock band THE FLUFFY JACKETS are back with a new album ‘Something from Nothing‘ and a 2 hours documentary film featuring Manny Charlton (Nazareth) and as special guest Neil Murray (Whitesnake).
The 9 new tracks on ‘Something from Nothing‘ are “all killer, no filler”, as the saying goes. Five originals and four covers make up this album, showcasing a tribute to Glen Campbell’s “Better Place” (featuring Alison Cooper) and a new single/music video for “Everything must change”.
The documentary was filmed over a three-year period in Spain, Scotland, England and Norway and shows the band making ‘Something from Nothing‘ with producer Manny Charlton. The two-hour documentary film also highlights THE FLUFFY JACKETS history along with exclusive interviews, live performances and four new music videos. Bonus material include retrospective interviews with special guests Neil Murray (Whitesnake), Manny Charlton (Nazareth) and up-close inspection of guitars and amplifiers including a Gibson Flying V guitar previously used to record the Nazareth albums Play’N the Game (1976) and Expect No Mercy (1977).
The Fluffy Jackets’ lead singer Helge Rognstad comments “It has been a privilege to work with Manny Charlton in the studio. His knowledge of creating unique arrangements has made this our most professional release to date. I am also pleased that we managed to capture everything on video, as I think the interviews will have historic significance for years to come“.
Manny Charlton, who also collaborated with The Fluffy Jackets on their 2014 debut Fighting Demons says: “Helge and myself did four songs together at Sun Studio in Memphis. They turned out really great and we got on good as friends and we work well together, so we decided to do it again. So, here we are: the second album“.
Digital Release with Bonus tracks
The digital album release will include two bonus tracks: a cover of Johnny Cash‘s “Hey Porter” and a radio edit of “Everything Must Change“.
The Fluffy Jackets feat. Manny Charlton – Something from Nothing
Something from Nothing will be released as a limited-edition Digipack (CD & DVD release) via Cargo Records UK. The album will also be available on all digital outlets including iTunes, Deezer, Spotify, YouTube, Google Play Music and Amazon and will be available on the 16th of August.
The track listing is as follows
Disc 1: The Album (CD):
1. Better place (duet with Alison Cooper)
2. Give me something
3. Everything must change
4. John the revelator
5. Welcome to the shoot-them-up
6. Tongues wag
7. Wrong before
8. Heaven only knows
9. 44 blues
Disc 2: The Documentary (DVD):
1. “Something from Nothing” movie trailer
2. The start of The Fluffy Jackets
3. Hey Porter (music video)
4. The first releases: “2007 EP” & “Fighting Demons”
5. Creating “Something from Nothing” at Madmento Studio, Spain.
6. Everything must change (music video: Alternate Radio Edit)
7. Manny’s Dobro used on ‘Vicky’ & ‘Give me Something’
8. Give me something (music video: Alternate Radio Edit)
9. The left of the rack: studio equipment
10. Manny Charlton’s guitars
11. Manny’s pedal show
12. Helge’s guitars
13. Gibson Flying V featurette
14. Helge’s pedals and amplifiers
15. Manny Charlton (Nazareth) interview, pt. 1
16. Manny Charlton (Nazareth) interview, pt. 2
17. Neil Murray (Whitesnake, Snakecharmer) interview
18. Manny & ‘The Big 3’ (Les Paul, Stratocaster & Telecaster guitars)
19. Let’s do it again (outtakes)
20. Better Place: Credits (music video feat. Alison Cooper)
MUSICIANS APPEARING ON ‘SOMETHING FROM NOTHING’
The Fluffy Jackets (band)
Helge Rognstad – guitars & vocals
Manny Charlton – guitars, dobro and backing vocals
Jerry Bessent – bass
Nick Rhodes – drums
Alison Cooper – vocals (solo artist)
Neil Murray – bass (Whitesnake, Snakecharmer)
Charly Rivera – bass (Manny Charlton Band Spain)
Manuel Reyes – drums (Manny Charlton Band Spain)
Steve Froese – drums (Manny Charlton Band USA)